Monday, July 14, 2008

Week Two, Exercise Two

The easiest habit among the 7 1/2 Lifelong Learning Habits is #6, using technology to your advantage. Audio books are my passion. I began many years ago on my long drive to work with books on tape, then graduated to books on CD, and now I'm up to books on my iPod. I started lending my personal collection to the staff at school, then I bought Playaways for the students. I belong to Audible.com. Going there is like a trip to the candy store. I've not tried Librivox or Project Gutenberg's audio books--that's next. The hardest habit of the 7 1/2 for me is viewing problems as challenges and learning experiences, #3. Intuitively, I know I learn by them, but for the most part, I see them as lack of planning and forethought on my part. I'll have to be more aware.

No comments: