Sunday, September 21, 2008

Week Nine, Exercise Twenty-Two

Ebooks and audio ebooks are for me. That's because they are easy. Easy to search, easy to use at home, at school, in the classroom. I started a reference ebook collection several years ago and now the school collection is over 800 volumes in GVRL and I don't know how many in Gale's Lit Crit. It all started because I wanted the school library always to be available to my students--never to have a library closing time. Also, I have three children who always started their assignments after regular library hours. That is also how in another lifetime I discovered books on tape, which evolved into Audible.com, Libivix.org, mp3's, iPods, and Playaways--and as I've mentioned before Kindle. I go nowhere without my iPod containing my latest book--never to be bored again in a checkout line. Those little bag holders for name tags at conferences work great in holding an iPod and earbuds--put it around your neck and your in another world. "Best Places to Get Free Ebooks" site certainly widened my horizons--a treasure trove. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments: