Monday, August 18, 2008

Week Seven, Exercise Sixteen, Sixteen A and Seventeen

I signed up for the PB Wiki Back to School Challenge—God help me. I don’t know what that will be, but in the fullness of time, gulp, I’m sure I’m up to it. “A free premium wiki” sounds good. It also sounds scary. I followed the step-by-step instructions that PB Wiki emailed me each day for seven days to encourage me, and I played in the sandbox of the Pennsylvania Curriculum Connection Wiki. Also, I gave Del.icio.us a good workout, bookmarking some very useful wiki’s that I have emailed to my teachers and others that I can share with my fellow diocesan librarians. Along the way, I also saved some helpful shortcut sheets for databases that my library subscribes to. We, diocesan librarians, have always taken to sharing. I can see that a wiki is really better suited to our needs. At present, we have shared resources and our procedure manual online. The work of posting to our website falls on one librarian. If I need to make an update, I send the changes--wikis are much more timely and equitable. Wish me luck!

No comments: