Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, it’s Web 2.0. That rush and feeling of power (and inadequacy) is brought to the fore by the tools of Library 2.0.
How in the world are we to keep up? There is always newer and better on the technology end, more forms of delivery of content on the library end. I’m swimming in an ocean of information. Wasn’t it just a minute ago that I was discarding mimeo machines and wresting film strips from the hands of agitated teachers? No, it was a lifetime ago. Now I have more than 1,000 DVD( I’m sure soon to be obsolete), and more than 1700 eBook reference volumes, and I’m still buying print. I’m running as fast as I can and still falling behind. If it wasn’t for the PSLA, PETE&C conferences, and journals from the outside world, I might take it into my head to think that I had a pretty good library program. After I read the professional journals and now blogs, wikis, and RSS feeds, I realize what a long way I have to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment