Thursday, August 7, 2008
Week Three, Exercise Seven
Well, my husband gave me a Kindle for my birthday--in the beginning of June. I cannot explain why I was so unwilling to even touch it. It was only out of the box once- on my birthday. My tech has been after me all year to buy one for school. I just couldn't figure out how we would use it, and since I am in the habit of squeezing every penny--what was I going to do with the book after it was read??? This week, I was doing my usual drooling on Amazon when the first thing that hit me in the face were all the book selections for Kindle--145,000. There were many old friends that were cheap, cheap, cheap, and many new friends that were very reasonable. My husband, his father, my father, and myself were all fans of the Western. You can imagine the tattered and dog-eared collection everything from Zane Grey to Tony Hillerman with Elmore Leonard in between. Did you know that you can get a book for Kindle almost by wishing for it? I wished, and Amazon delivered instantaneously, an old Louie L'Amour then the latest Elizabeth George. What book am I missing from what series? You can order books right from your Kindle--delivered wirelessly. Why did I ever wait two months to look this gift horse in the mouth? OMG! It is portable, easy, easy to read from even in bed, and will hold 200 books--can add memory card. Think how my vacation packing has been simplified. I'll wait till the new version comes out in the Fall to buy one for school. The next time a teacher has to have that book yesterday, I can deliver. Whoopie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love my Kindle, too. I was reading the Stephanie Myers series and the next book was out of the library and only on Amazon.com in hardcover. I bought the kindle edition. The kindle was great when we traveled by plane this summer; I didn't take any hard cover or paperbacks.
Post a Comment