Just when I think that I’m on a roll and working at a faster pace than all day, I get into a program like Technorati. There is just too much, and I tend to go down all the different interesting trails. Searching for School Library Learning 2.0 was odd. The basic search returned many result from other librarians doing Web 2.0 one was from Australia! I do believe the tutorial did not match the current look of the website. Is that because I am looking at a different home page? Also, there was no drop down menu to do the 3 different types of searches. I always assume that I am doing something wrong, since I am the student and the instructions from the teacher/website are bound to be current and up-to-date. So, is the homepage of Technorati now different? There are three searches in advanced- keyword, URL, and tag and the results are displayed as posts, blogs, photos, and videos. I do like the category organization, but why is there none for education—for shame.
Tags are basically what will recall this information to your mind. Everybody’s experience comes to bear. We, librarians, look at tagging differently because of our training. Codifying tags makes it the domain of the few. Best to have each create his own, and have lesser mortals borrow them.
I played with the html code, but have no desire to be the victim of a spider attack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment