Friday, August 29, 2008
Week Eight, Exercise Eighteen
Zoho Writer is offline today, so I explored Google Sites. I have been using Gmail for several years now, and when I found out about Academic Gmail, I moved the faculty and administration email to this free service. Which incidentally is leaps and bounds better than what we were paying for. Consequently, we have been using Google Docs at least two years for collaborating and editing. I also use it to keep a log of my PO numbers and track fulfillment and back orders. The teachers use Google Chat to see if I'm at my desk before making the trip to the library, and teachers that use Academic Gmail or Gmail from other schools in the Archdiocese can see when I'm online and send a message. So, I was very interested in Google Sites for student clubs and teachers that want their own web space. I did create a web page, and it was very easy to use and upload documents. I couldn't find the space limitation and that could be problematic. I guess, I'll live and learn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment