Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Week Five, Exercise Eleven

Well. I’ve joined the American Library Association ning. I thought I’d be in good company, although I was tempted to join ASPCA Online. I can see it would be a good place to post a question and share information rather than the Schools List.
As far as the Web 2.0 Award Winners, that is a course in itself. I use Google Docs to keep my library’s PO list—that way it is always up-to-date and I’ve got the right PO #. When it was first available, I tried having multiple people contribute to documents, but it never quite worked out. I think it is time to revisit, since the entire faculty is now on Academic Gmail. I’ve sent the url of Writeboard to the head of the English Department because we are always looking for new ways to do peer review. I think this may be helpful especially in our Writing Skills course. We are approaching Middle States again this year, and I can see either of these tools making collaboration much simpler. I wonder if a blog would help too?

No comments: